Friday, February 17, 2012

Behind the cover.

I have recently re-discovered my love for reading. I took a break from it for a while because I couldn't or just didn't find a good book to read. And it has to be a good book. I want to be swept away in the story, I want to "play" the heroine in the book, I want to be transported to the scene right then and there. I want a book with good morals and make me humbled. It's very hard to find book like that now-a-days. Anyways that is why I have begun to re-read my bookshelf. As I have mentioned before I re-read An Old Fashion Girl, now I am re-reading books by Grace Livingston Hill. She is an absolutely wonderful author! I was at a Christian book store and being my "cheap" self, raced over to the sales. There I found books of hers for like 90 cents. I picked up four or five of them. I fell in love with them.

Sure it has something to do with the author's way of writing, but I like to read (especially 1800s) books because I get  to experience the life I never had. That is to say, life in the 1800s. Though I may try to mix the two worlds I fail miserably, I can get that thrill and life experience in a book. I guess thats part of the reason why I want to be a writer. I love the way words can tell an elaborate story without pictures or someone actually explaining it to you. The way you can analyze someone's behaviour. Once one opens that cover you have a chance to tell them a story. Your story. My goal is to one day write a novel. About what, I don't know. The plots never quite have a finished ending. I guess its the same for all authors to be.
I long to write those first "words":

                                                               Chapter 1

No comments:

Post a Comment