Saturday, September 10, 2011

Settling In

   Today is Saturday and thus marks the first weekend since school started. I was really looking forward to the weekend until I discovered all the home work I have to do. 

   Besides homework, I think I am settling in. When I am waiting for the bus, I am still tempted to turn around and walk home; but I am learning. The time of waiting for the bus is one of the things I struggle with. The fact that you can see your house, yet you have to stay and wait for the yellow monst...., I mean bus, to pick you up. Knowing that from the moment you step onto the bus it is the "Point of No Return". But, I am trying my new tactic. I have worship/Contemporary Christian music on my ipod. From the moment I sit down, in the second seat from the front,  I put on my head phones and drown the world out for bit. I have realized how much I like listening to music with head phones. I usually just listen to the radio or my ipod doc. It's like having a personal sound track to your life!

~ - ~ - ~


It wasn't a total downer this week though..... I got some new shoes. My sister calls them "boat shoes". They are quite comfy. I also got a vintage dress, an messenger bag, and a jean jacket at a thrift store. Everything was practically brand new! It as great find! 
Enjoy this amazing weekend! 

Verses that helped me through the week:

    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in 
                                                              Christ Jesus for you."

                                                                              - Thessalonians 5: 16-18 ESV


                                                                                                     and


                    The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

                                                                  -Exodus 33:14




                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment