Saturday, September 17, 2011

Still Learning

Week 2 of school: check! I am two weeks in and it feels like I never left. It was an..... interesting week to say the least. I learned something about myself. I stress. A lot. I am in music class, which I wish I wasn't but I don't feel like writing a novel to explain that, but long story short music class is difficult for me. Every Friday we have a playing test. Each student has 1-2 lines of music to play from their seat while everyone else listens, and the teacher marks you. Performing is a BIG part of the class. That is something that I struggle with. The piece of music this week was the only piece so far that I could't get through the song with out stopping and messing up a billion times. I almost cried right there when my teacher told us what the test was on Thursday. I knew I had a lot to practice. It was decided that I would practice with a friend who is in the class with me; that way he could keep me on track with the timing and help me count... another thing I struggle with. I brought the case on the bus with my alto saxophone neatly tucked inside. I remembered my reed and was ready to go. I also had a science test and another test the next day as well as my music test. I was on my way to my friends house when I froze. I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I remembered I forgot the most important thing... the actual piece of music! That was tucked away neatly inside of my locker at school. Well, I wont get into detail about the evening, but needless to say I was frazzled and on edge. I feel bad for my friend had to witness that side of me. My awesome mom though gave me talk about being stressed out and how it doesn't help with anything. She said that I should give all to God and let of it. For a person to thinks a lot about everything, it's very hard to do. I knew I need some alone time....

Star gazing is one of my favourite pastime. I am a bit of an astronomy nut. It was 9:30 at night when I grabbed a sweater, pillow, blanket, and some amazing apple bread and went on our dock. It was a beautiful yet cold night. But the moon, oh, the moon! It was so bright! The ghost like clouds swirled around it. I also saw Jupiter! For me, that is an accomplishment and a half! I prayed and hummed a worship song to myself. Even though I was freezing, it was a very, very enjoyable night! I went to bed happy and peaceful.
  The next day the playing test went okay. I got a 75% on it which is pretty good considering hardly any practice. I probably could have even gotten 80 if I hadn't gotten so nervous. The two other test went very well! So, here I am enjoying my weekend. I am going to work on my "stressing out" moments. But I know that God will help me do that! Enjoy your weekend, and don't waste time stressing; it's not worth it and doesn't do anything to help!

P.S. Try star gazing tonight! The really, really bright star near the moon should be Jupiter!

-Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment