Monday, September 05, 2011

An End and a New Beginning

I have dreaded this day since summer began. The night before school starts. I have heard that June 21st (the first day of summer) was depressing because the days get gradually shorter. I do think that is true, but I think the night before school is even more depressing. Knowing that warm summer days, staying up till 2am writing novels, sleeping in, reading all day long, kids camp, being with friends 24/7, and sleeping out under the stars are all coming to an end. The realization that there are 50 weeks till summer begins and being confined in a building for 6 hours each days begins to sink in.
   About a week ago, I was complaining about school and making comments about 'running away' to my mountain home (long story behind that!!). I wanted to cry. I couldn't possibly imagine going back to school. It seemed that I had just finished my last exam for the year. I didn't want to go back to school shopping and resented the idea of having no down time. I tried to get people to understand my view but it never worked.

That was before I started to realize that it wasn't about me. It wasn't about whether or not I was 'comfortable' at school, but "How can God use me this year." If God wants me there, then I will be there.  I don't think I will ever 'love' school or enjoy it, but I think it will be easier to get through the days without wanting to cry or complain or just wanting to stay home. I am going to try a new tacit this year: surround myself with God. I have note books with verses on them, I have little cards with verses for my locker, I am going to try to get sermons on my iPod, and make time for my Bible reading. Whatever tomorrow brings and this year, I hope it will be as productive and amazing as this summer has been!
   I hope you all enjoy night and I hope you will too, surround yourself with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment